Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tessa's New Bling...

For a long time now, Tessa has been talking about getting her ears pierced.  A few of her friends at school have theirs done, and she has been curious about it for awhile.  She would look at my earrings and ask if it hurt when I put them in.  She would even pretend that she had her ears pierced.  So, a few weeks ago we took her to the mall in hopes of her being able to watch someone else get their ears pierced.  We were in luck, but Tessa was nervous.  We had to watch from outside of Claires.  So, I figured it would be awhile before she brought the subject up again.  I was wrong.  The week of her tube surgery, she wanted to get her ears pierced.  I explained that she would have to wait until after her surgery because she couldn't wear jewelry into surgery.  She understood and said she would wait....which she did.  She waited 2 days after surgery and was so brave.  She didn't even want to hold the teddy bear they offered her.  She didn't cry or anything.  And, man, is she proud of her earrings.  She tells anybody and everybody that she sees that she got her ears pierced!  I'm proud of her too; she was very brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment