Monday, May 2, 2011

A Zoo-per Weekend

Tessa and I feeding the giraffe.
This past weekend, Broch and I took Tessa to the Indianapolis Zoo.  It was our birthday weekend, and there was a marathon going on that would have held us captive since the route it by our house.  So, we decided to head out of dodge and have a fun weekend.  We had booked a room at the University Place Hotel and Conference Center through Hotwire.com (Thank you, Hotwire.  You have yet to disappoint), and were excited to take Tess to the zoo.  She loves looking at her Wild Animals picture book, so I was pretty sure she would LOVE seeing the real animals in person.  I was right!  Tessa had so much fun!

Tessa and Broch checking out the elephants.
The zoo in Indy is very kid friendly.  While we were there we were able to feed a giraffe, pet an elephant, and see the dolphin show.  She is a little too young for the shark touch tank, but she did enjoy seeing all of the animals.  She really enjoyed the giraffes, elephants, jellyfish, and penguins.  We are going back over Memorial Day weekend with Tessa's PaPa, MeMa, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I am sure she will enjoy it just as much if not more.

Tessa looking at the sea lions.



On a side note, Tessa did very well with the stay in the hotel.  Our last experience last summer to Michigan was not so great, but this trip left me hopeful for future trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment