Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hop, Hop, Hoppy Easter!

Tessa and Grandmother
This past weekend was one filled with family.  We spent Friday in Lincoln with Tessa's Great-Grandmother.  She hadn't seen Tessa since Christmas, so she was pleasantly surprised how tall Tessa is getting as well as how mobile she is.

Tessa and GiGi
Friday night we traveled to Bloomington to spend time with GiGi.  Tessa got all dolled up in her Easter dress to attend Good Friday service at Grace United Methodist, where GiGi works.  After Tessa was in bed, I put the finishing touches on the Easter Bunny cake that I had made for lunch the next day.  I am hoping this cake becomes a fun tradition that Tessa and I can share as she gets older.

Checkin' out her dress in the mirror
Saturday we were planning on having lunch at GiGi's with Broch's Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Allen.  That morning we had some excitement though.  After breakfast, we started to smell gas in the house.  GiGi called the fire department to have them come and check things out, and we headed to Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Allen's house to hang out and get Tessa cleaned up for the day.  After we were given the go ahead, we returned to GiGi's where we played outside and enjoyed the weather as well as a delicious meal.  That afternoon we returned home.

Enjoying Easter on the farm
Sunday morning we got up early and attended 8:00 service at the Vineyard Church.  Afterward, we headed to Piper City to celebrate Easter with my family at my grandparents' farm.  Tessa had a great time playing with all of her cousins, seeing the farm animals for the first time, and eating lots of yummy food.

All in all, I would say that this Easter was very successful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment