Thursday, May 24, 2012

Moving on Up...(18 month letter)

Tessa,

I know you are too little to understand all the changes that are going on right now, but I though I would make it part of your 3 month letter so you can look back on it when you are older and know what was happening.  You are now 2 1/2!  I can't believe how quickly the time has passed.  Every day you change, but every once in awhile I can still see glimpses of my little baby.  

You still love to play outside.  You like to drive your Cozy Coupe in the drive-way to go and "get gas" or "pick up a pizza".  Some days you tell me you are going "swimming".  We almost always spend time outside playing in your sand box or on the play set.  You like to make "pies, milk, and yogurt" in the sand box and use your picnic table as the oven to bake them.  

You are now asking more instead of stating.  It isn't uncommon for you to say "Can I have water?" or whatever it is that you are wanting instead of just stating what you want.  You still repeat lots of things, so Daddy and I have to be really careful about what we say.  Daddy even got a time out for saying "Damn it" the other day, which of course you repeated right away.  After you served your time out for saying it, we discussed using other phrases like "Oh my goodness" and "Shoot".  Since then you haven't said it again.  Hopefully, it stays that way.  

We still struggle with our night time routine.  You like for me to be in the room laying with you when you fall asleep.  We have started to read out night time books in your room, and I am hoping that will help with transitioning to you falling asleep on your own.  If I had to do it all over again, I would have sleep trained you when you were still an infant.  I guess you just live and learn.  

You are still going to gym.  We only have 3 weeks left of gym until we are done.  I decided not to sign up for the summer session since we are moving.  Plus, we start a new class in June through the park district called Wiggles and Giggles.  I think you will like that too.  We are also taking swim lessons this summer.  You LOVE the water - whether it is playing in the sink, splashing in the tub, or swimming in the pool.  That is your favorite place to be.  

Just this week you accomplished another major task.  You pooped in the potty.  I was so proud of you! Potty training is at the top of my list for things that we will be doing this summer.  I know you are smart enough to figure it out.  I just need to set aside a consistent block of time to train you.  One of the reasons I have been so resistant is because I don't want you to get trained and then backslide because of all of the changes taking place this summer.

One of those changes is that we are moving this summer.  The past couple of years have been hard with Baby Alayna going to heaven and Grandma getting cancer.  So, Daddy and I have decided to move closer to family since ultimately that is where our hearts are anyway.  Daddy started working last week at GRAINCO FS with Papa.  He is doing all of their computer IT work, and I took a job at a much smaller school district not far from Ottawa.  You have been a trooper so far with seeing me sell some of your bigger baby items, and it only being me and you during the week.  Don't get me wrong, we've had our rough patches, but I know it will get better once we get into more of a routine.

We are going to have to live with Grandma and Papa for awhile until we can save enough money to get a new house.  I can't tell you how many mixed emotions I have about this.  I feel incredibly guilty for having to move back "home" and you going from a big house to a bedroom for all of your things.  I worry about what the move will do, how we will handle Christmas and your birthday, and a million other things.  At the same time, I know the time is right for us to make this change, and I am very grateful we have such a great family who is willing to help us out by living with them.  

I did sign you up for preschool in the fall.  I was worried about you not having enough socialization time with being home all day only with Grandma, and I worry about Grandma not having enough time to herself as well.  I didn't think I would find a place that would take you since you won't be 3 until November, but there is a brand new preschool opening that is taking 2-5 year olds.  I have a few other schools to call, but at least you have a spot at one.  You are so smart, I know you will do really well no matter where we end up sending you.



Tessa, I love you to the moon and back!  

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment