Thursday, May 24, 2012

No Monkey Business

 A few weeks ago, my parents took Tessa and I to the Niabi Zoo in the Quad Cities.  When I was growing up in Woodhull, we use to come here a lot.  Apparently, I loved the elephant named Cathy.  Two years ago, mom and dad took Kaedin and Braylin by themselves to spend some time with them.  Before mom got sick, she had asked is they could do the same with Tessa.  The weekend they were going to go alone was rainy. So we postponed a week, and I got to come along as well.

The zoo itself was small, but Tessa really enjoyed herself.  She was talking about the spitting (slobbering) giraffes that people were feeding and the really loud lion.  She actually roared super loudly while we were watching.  It scared Tessa a bit, but I told her he was saying "Good morning, Tessa."  She seemed to think that was pretty cool.

Tessa didn't want to ride the train, but she can't resist the carousel.  She loved it.  I am hoping to take her to the Indianapolis Zoo and Brookfield sometime this summer.  Tessa loves checking out all the animals!




No comments:

Post a Comment