Monday, February 21, 2011

A Big Day

This morning we had Tessa's 15 month appointment.  Dr. Bolton said that Tessa is a very healthy little girl.  She is now 31.5 inches long (78 percentile), and she weighs 25 pounds 6.5 ounces (82 percentile).  While we were there, we had to get two shots.  Since Tess is walking now, these were given in her arm - ouch!  At her 12 month appointment, it was discovered that she was slightly anemic.  Since then, Tess has been taking a multi-vitamin with iron.  To make sure her iron level has increased, we had to do another finger stick...NOT FUN! Hopefully, this one comes back with better numbers.  

Today is also a big day because I am taking all the bottles downstairs.  I am pretty sure that Tessa has been ready and willing to do without a bottle for awhile now, but I am having a hard time letting go of them because it means that she is no longer a baby.  Don't get me wrong, I love watching her grow up and discover new things, but it is hard to think that my baby is no longer a baby - especially since she may be our only child. 


This is just my size.
Look at me!

Come find me!
Two of her new favorite things are climbing up into the recliner by herself and playing in my kitchen cabinets.  Each day brings new discoveries, and I thank God each day for blessing us with Tessa!

1 comment: