Dear Sassy Pants,
Today is the 19 month anniversary of the day you were born. I know I say it every month, but I can't believe how quickly time flies. You are becoming a little girl more and more and a baby less and less. This is very bittersweet for both your dad and I. You are our first, and quite possibly our only, child. We love seeing you become your own person and experiencing things for the first time, but at the same time it is really hard for us to see the "baby" in you fade away with every "big girl" step you take.
We are working on transitioning to only 1 nap a day. I think this is going to be a hard transition. Your longest nap is usually in the morning for a couple of hours. Sometimes you take an afternoon nap, but this is becoming less and less. Without a second nap, you can be a little cranky in the early evening and have been going to bed a little earlier (7:30) than usual. This earlier bedtime has been leading you to wake-up earlier than you were even a few weeks ago. In the past week, you have been waking up between 5:30 and 6 (much to my dismay seeing how I am on summer break now).
One of the baby things that you are still doing is using a paci. My goal is to be paci-free before the end of the summer. You have already started to only use it at nap time at daycare. Now, I need to stick to my guns better about using it only at nap and bedtime. :)
As far as your food habits go, you are still a great eater. Your best meals are breakfast and lunch. You LOVE fruit, but could do without most veggies if it was up to you. Surprisingly, your favorite vegetable is peas. You like to eat them one at a time. You have also discovered the greatness that is dipping your food. It all began at your favorite Mexican joint, La Fiesta. You now like to dip your chips in either salsa or cheese dip - whichever is available. I think we may have created a dipping monster!
One of your favorite things to do is be outside. You love to help me water the flowers, and play in the water. We bought you a sand/water table that you love. This summer we will spend lots of time outside. We started Pee Wee Farmers today. It is a program through the park district where we go to Prairie Farms in Champaign and do a craft, have snack, listen to a story, sing songs, and pet some of the animals. We go every Friday for a month. Then in July, we will take two weeks of swimming lessons. I know that you will enjoy them because you love anything that has to do with water. You truly are our water baby!
We love you with all of our hearts!!
Mommy and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment