I know I say this every month, but I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. You are such a "big girl" as you say. You are wanting to do more and more things on your own, and your vocabulary is taking off! This month has been full of traveling, being outdoors, and playing with your friends.
We have been up to Ottawa to MeMa and PaPa's house a few times this month. We just went up this past weekend because there was mass said for Alayna. You and I made a trip up earlier this month for the night to help MeMa do some things around the house and take her to her chemo appointment. You were a big hit at the Cancer Center, but needless to say there wasn't much there for an active girl like you to do. So, I'm not sure that you will be visiting there again very soon. We have been spending a lot of time outdoors. You like to ride in your car or tricycle and play in your sand table. Last week, I took you to the Puddle (the kiddie pool). At first you were unsure, but by the time we were leaving you didn't want to get out of the water. You love putting your face in the water and going down the slide. You also liked making new friends. I don't think you know a stranger. We started swim lessons today. You LOVED them. Your specialties are blowing bubbles and jumping off the side of the pool. You truly are my water baby! We have also had a few play dates with Cora Kietzman. You girls get along so well and really enjoy hanging out. You are also really starting to get into doing puzzles. You are pretty good at matching the pieces with where they go, and you can even get them to fit sometimes. You are loving all the fresh fruit that comes along with summer. Your favorites are watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, and raspberries. You can't seem to get enough of these treats. You also loved Aunt Jamie's strawberry pretzel salad this weekend - YUMMY!
You still haven't fully transitioned to one nap. It is a work in progress at best. However, you have learned the art of procrastination at bedtime. Around 7:30 (depending on your naps for the day) we start getting ready for bed. We read a few books, cuddle, and sing a few songs. If you aren't asleep by your 8:00 bedtime, you go to your crib and listen to your music and fall asleep. Here lately, you have been coming up with every excuse in the book to not go to bed. Here are some of your favorites - needing a drink, wanting a snack, needing to get one of your babies, wanting to play patty cake. Seriously, Patty Cake?? You make me laugh! The other night I asked you to lay down and relax, and the next thing I heard was fake snoring. Oh, brother. I think you are too smart for your own good!
Well, Tessa, I love you very much. I thank God for you everyday. You are our miracle.
All my love,
Mommy
And all of my love as well! Daddy
ReplyDelete