Friday, March 23, 2012

Hearts at Home - National Conference

Last weekend, I attended a fantastic conference in Normal, Illinois.  It was the National Conference Hearts at Home.  It was awesome.  There were over 6,000 women there throughout the weekend from 31 different states.  The conference was focused on parenting and how to be the best wife and mom you can be.  It really opened my eyes and refreshed my soul.  It was so nice to be surrounded by so many women in the same boat as myself and to hear the Bible verses applied to my job as a mommy was a nice reminder.  I hope to go again in the years to come!


While I was there, Tessa and Broch were at GiGi's house.  They spent the day finding Easter Eggs, making an Easter tree, playing at the school, having lunch, visiting with Uncle Allen and Aunt Chrissy and relaxing.  From what I hear, Tessa and GiGi had a blast together.  I think the pictures back this up!

This was Tessa's first time hunting Easter Eggs.  GiGi had put jelly beans inside as a prize.  Unfortunately, Tessa discovered that she does not like jelly beans.  She had fun throwing them in the yard for the birds to enjoy.

Since that Easter Egg hunt, we have had to play "find the eggs" several times at our house.  The first night we played, I hit 12 eggs in her bedroom.  She did really well finding all of them.  Then, she wanted to hide the eggs.  They were all hidden in 3 different spots, which made finding them easy. :)  I'd say at this rate, she will for sure be ready for any future egg hunts - as long as she is a seeker and not a hider.

No comments:

Post a Comment