
Originally, I had planned on keeping Tessa in her crib as long as possible. I guess I should count my blessings because Tessa did well in the crib for almost 2 1/2 years. On April 17th, I found Tessa trying to climb out of her crib. It was then that I knew my luck had run out. So, on April 18th Tessa got a new big girl bed. Friends of ours had given us a toddler bed when their daughter had outgrown it. So, we had a bed; we even had bedding. Still I took Tessa to the store and let her pick out her own set of bedding so that she felt like she was part of the process. To my surprise, she picked out Dora the Explorer. I would have bet money that she would have chosen the Princess bed set. :)

The first night, Tess wasn't feeling well. She actually ended up having another ear infection (I don't think it cleared up with the first round of meds. I see another tube surgery in our future.) and eye infections. Still she slept in her bed a few hours before waking up. Last night Tessa slept the entire night in her bed. She did wake up a little upset and confused. I think she is still warming up to the big bed, but I am hopeful the transition will be a pretty smooth one.
Enjoy your big bed, Tessa!
ReplyDelete