Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Other Side of the Table

I have been part of Parent/Teacher Conferences for the past 13 years.  I am fully experienced on the ins and outs of the teacher's role during conference time.  That being said, this year is a first for me;  I am no longer on the teacher end of the table so to speak.  I am the parent.  This fall at conferences Miss Elizabeth, Tessa's teacher at Summit Learning Center, shared with us how well Tessa was doing.  Because she is one of the older children in the 2 year old class, she seemed to be advanced in some areas.  Today at conferences, she reiterated the same news.  Tessa has mastered all of the skills on the 2 year old preschool progress report.  We still need to work a little on number and letter recognition, but she is "eager to learn".  Lucky for Tessa, the Easter bunny brought her letter and number recognition flashcards so that we can practice at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment