Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

http://media.us.macmillan.com/jackets/258H/9780312493875.jpgTessa is a smart little girl.  I'm not just saying that because I am her mom, but she truly is little Ms. Smarty Pants.  She has a great receptive language vocabulary, and every day she is verbalizing and repeating words more and more.  One of her new favorite books is My Little Word Book by Roger Priddy.  There are all sorts of words in there - body parts, things we do, clothes we wear, items in the home, toys and games, food and drink, in the yard, things that go, on the farm, pets we love, wild animals, our world, colors and shapes.  She could look at this book for hours!

Anyway, in the past we would ask her to point out different parts of her body, and the only part that she would point to correctly consistently was her nose.  Since reading the book more often, she can know point to several parts of her body including her feet, toes, legs, arms, hands, tummy, hair, head, mouth, and tongue.  Needless to say, both Broch and I are very proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment