Sunday, April 10, 2011

17 Months...

Tessa,
 Today is your 17 month birthday!  I can't believe how "grown up" you have become.  So much has happened in this one month, I'm not sure where to start.

You stayed overnight with MeMa and PaPa for 3 nights while mommy and daddy went on vacation.  You were such a big girl.  I was worried  you would miss us and your home, but you did really well.  you loved spending time with them, and I know that both MeMa and PaPa enjoyed spending the time with you too.

Now that the weather is warmer, you LOVE being outside and even cry at times when we have to come indoors.  You are now running and throwing balls.  You continue to be very independent and want to try things on your own without mommy or daddy helping you.  We went to the park today for the first time.  You really enjoyed just roaming around and checking everything out.  You were even kind enough to point out the garbage that someone had left lying on the ground.  You are our green baby!

You continue to be super observant.  On our many walks you are always pointing out the birds, rabbits, and squirrels.  You love animals!  We have been working on making animal noises.  You are really good at the owl, elephant, snake, lion, dog, horse, and cat.  You still love to read, but you are wanting to look at the books on your own more and more - that how independent thing again. 

You also have been showing your temper more and more.  If you don't get to do what you want, when you want you aren't afraid to let us know how you are feeling.  We will need to work on handling that a little better as you get older.

Also, this month we learned that your MeMa is sick.  She has Hodkin's Lymphoma, a form of cancer.  She is going to start taking medicine to make her feel better.  I foresee lots of trips up to visit her this summer for you and I!  I think being around family will make her feel better too!!

All my love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment