Tessa LOVES the Little Gym - especially since my cousin's daughter, Cora, has joined back up. The girls have a blast there! Every week she looks forward to Tuesday nights; however, she doesn't exactly know when Tuesday is. So, we face a lot of disappointment (when I say disappointment, I mean tears) and some temper tantrums when she learns that it is only Monday when she is wanting to go to the gym.
This morning I told her that today was the day for gym. She was ready to go at 7:00 this morning. Again, she was disappointed when I told her she had to go to gym first. Tonight she was so excited...except for when she was expected to eat dinner. She stood by the door to the garage and said, "Me gym ready." Telling her we had to eat first led to a HUGE temper tantrum that resulted in her choosing not to eat dinner.
On the way home from gym she says, "Eat." Well, of course she is hungry. So I told her she could eat when we got home. I explained that her stuffed pasta shells and banana would be waiting for her when she got home. She suggested ice cream instead. Since that wasn't going to fly, she again was disappointed. Once she calmed down I told her that if she was good tomorrow, she could have some ice cream tomorrow night.
Here is how the conversation went...
Me - Tessa, you need to stop telling Mommy and Daddy "No." Is it nice to tell us, "No."
Tessa - "No"
Me - When mommy and daddy ask you to do something, you should say, "Okay, Mommy and Daddy."
Tessa - (after thinking for a minute) - "No Way!"
Needless to say, I think we have some work to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment