Thursday, November 10, 2011

Totally TWOriffic!

Tessa,


It is hard to believe that today is your 2nd birthday!  You have grown in so many ways this past year.  For one, you have an amazing vocabulary.  You talk and talk and talk at times.  Your latest favorite saying is "No way!" or "Funny" when you think you have done something really hysterical.  You eve repeat the alphabet and only have trouble with two or three letters!  You are now talking more and more about snowmen.  We were at Wal-Mart last week, when you spotted the inflatable snowman.  Now, he is of high interest to you.  We have even added praying for the snowman to our list at night! :)

I am happy to say that your sleeping has gotten better.  We no longer have to rock to sleep.  Now we go in your room, and I lie on the floor and hold your hand.  We say our night time prayers, and you are usually out in less than 10 minutes.  I think we are definitely moving in the right direction when it comes to night time routine.  You still really NEED your morning nap, but you do okay even when you don't get your afternoon nap.  You have adjusted better than I expected to the time change going to bed at 8:00 still and needing to be woken up most mornings around 6:30.

You now have 18 teeth.  You are still working on the last 2 two-year molars to come in.  These teeth have given you a hard time.  You are chewing on everything, asking for cold chews or ice, and waking in the middle of the night once in awhile.  I am hopeful that all that will end once these new teeth make their way through. 

You LOVE to play pretend.  You have taken to wearing my costume jewelry around the house or pushing it in your baby stroller.  You also really like to color, and of course reading is still a big hit here.  You have gotten really good at putting wooden puzzles together.  You can find the matching piece and fit it in the spot correctly all on your own.  You still like to watch Barney and sing along with his songs.  It is really ridiculously cute to see you hug the TV during the "I Love You" song. 

We are still going to the Little Gym.  Last week your favorite thing to do was hang from the lower uneven bar all my yourself.  I didn't even have to help you grab it.  To be honest, I was very nervous but also very proud.  You don't really have a fear of much...which in itself is scary. 

You love people, and you have such a big heart.  Whenever someone is crying you want to give them hugs and kisses to make them feel better.  At daycare, you have to kiss and hug everyone before you can leave. 

You can be very sweet; however, we have started to see more and more temper tantrums.  You choose to lay in the hallway and cry and kick the wall.  Then when you are done, you come out and act like nothing happened.  Hopefully, these will fade away quickly.

This weekend is your birthday party.  I'm excited to see your reaction because you are fully aware that it is your birthday today.  I can't wait to see you open your gifts and blow out your candles.  I am so honored to be your mommy!  I love you very much!

Love Always,
Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment