Monday, December 30, 2013

June, 2013 Recap

This is the only deer Tessa
liked while at the deer park.

June was a busy month for the Gerling family.  We went up to the Wisconsin Dells for a family vacation at the Glacier Canyon Lodge.  It was AWESOME!  We swam and went on the famous Ducks.  We also went to the Deer Park.  I thought Tessa would enjoy the deer, but she was scared of them.  She told one, "Stop following me, deer!"

Tessa at Wisconsin Dells
Tessa's favorite part was probably all the swimming pools.  She loves to swim.  She really liked sitting in the inner tube and pretending it was a boat in the wave pool.  It was really nice to just get away and relax.

Tessa touching a snake.  YIKES!
 We also went to the Niabi Zoo with the Wilson family.  Tessa really enjoys hanging out with Wesley, Kenley, Charley, and Molly, and I love catching up with Amy!  While we were there, Tessa had a chance to pet a snake.  She thought it was really cool!  I can't believe she is scared of deer, but thinks snakes are pretty cool.

Ready to take flight.
On Father's Day, Tessa and I were able to spend some time with my dad riding rides at the carnival!  Tessa loved it!  I think her favorite ride was the swinging cups.

During this month, we were invited to a wedding for a former student of mine, Juan.  He and I have been close since he was a student and we have stayed in touch ever since.  He even asked me to be a reader at his wedding. - talk about being touched!  Tessa LOVED the wedding - specifically the fancy dresses and the dancing.  She refused to dance with Broch and I and would only dance with the bridesmaids and bride.  Thank goodness they were nice enough to indulge her.


Tess and I at Juan's wedding

Tessa and her swim teacher, Chelsea.
Tessa also began swim lessons in June.  We took lessons through a private person where Tess received 1 on 1 instruction for 2 weeks for 30 minutes.  Tess has always enjoyed the water, and she flourished with lessons this year. By the end of the session, her favorite thing to do was jump into the deep end off of the diving board.




No comments:

Post a Comment